Hello friends of Balsamiq!
In order to keep you in the loop with what we’re working on, we have decided to start a new blog tradition: once a month, we’re going to post an update of everything released in the last month or so.
Here’s what made it to production since July 1st, 2018. 😊
Most of the development team is focused on building the native Mac and Windows versions of our Desktop application. We’re shooting for a private beta after the summer.
In Balsamiq Cloud, we have done a lot of behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the upcoming “Project History” feature. We’ll be turning it on for all customers soon!
- In the editor, when going full-screen, we now appropriately disable links that are attached to controls that are hidden by other controls.
- We are working on speeding up the editor’s loading time when opening large projects.
- We are building a messaging service based on socket.io to power our real-time collaboration features. We are using PubNub right now, but it’s getting expensive, and the GDPR work we did recently has convinced us that the fewer outside vendors we use, the better for your privacy.
- Speaking of which, we continued moving our server logs from Logmatic to our self-hosted ELK servers.
- In our Confluence and Jira Server plugins, we fixed a bug that prevented the download of exported images and projects from the Safari browser.
- Our Google Drive plugin now supports Team Drives.
Here are some other things we shipped:
As you saw, most of our work is happening behind the scenes these days. We cannot wait to ship the Native Desktop apps so that we can get back to listening to your requests and bug reports and delivering fixes and features month after month.
Alright, that’s all for this month. August will be a slower month for us because many people take vacations.
We hope you found this update useful!
Peldi for the Balsamiq Team
Source link https://blog.balsamiq.com/dev-update-july-18/